Wednesday, December 30, 2009

John Watson Napier

John Watson Napier
Born: 06 Oct 1850 in Oakley, Carnock, Fifeshire, Scotland
Parents: James Watson Napier and Agnes Brown Watson
   Note: Napier is a title, a kind of Earlship
Married: Agnes McKinlay on 27 Mar 1874 in Cowdenbeath, Beath, Fife, Scotland
   Had seven children, James Robert, John, Isabelle, Agnes Euphemia, George Albert, and a stillborn male.
Have his immigration records as preserved by the LDS church.
Died: 12 Mar 1910 in Farnaum, Fremont, Idaho, USA

So where am I in the verifications of John's burial in Farnum? .....No where. He is listed in the Idaho State Death Index as being buried in Farnum Cemetery. So Mom, Dad the girls andI made a trip a couple of summers ago to the cemetery, and took a visual transcription. I put my findings on findagrave.com, but John's grave, if he is there, is not marked. I found the obituary for John. It says that he was buried in St. Anthony. A call to the sexton proved that this is not so. I called the Idaho State Historical Society. They have a visual transcription....been there done that. I did a web search, and only came up with visual transcriptions. I have a call into the Farnum Sexton, but have not heared anything yet....yes it has a sexton even though it is considered to be abandoned. So where does that leave me?

....You would think that verifying a burial so close to my home would be easy. Ha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment